Pages

Thursday, August 7, 2014

How to add Fabric and Slit to a Maxi Skirt

 Add Slit of Fabric to Maxi Skirt!
 

So I got this Way CUTE grass green skirt from Bella Ella Boutique in Utah for only 19.99!
 
 
And I bought some mini disc gold sequin leggings off Ebay but when I got them they were more like Capri's and I hated them. so I unpicked them and used the fabric instead.
you will probably need 1/2 yard if your buying fabric from the store.

 
1. so first I turned the skirt inside out and put it on. I marked were I wanted the slit to start on the skirt and I did 18 1/2 inches slit but I'm 7'8 (if your shorter you probably don't want to do a long slit)
 
2. Then I laid the skirt (inside out) on the ground and folded it so the side seams matched up the middle. this helped me know were to cut the slit I wanted it right smack dab in the middle. (back of skirt) 


 
3. Then I took my gold fabric and folded it in half (now mine has a seam in the middle because it was leggings but if you buy fabric just fold it in half so you don't have a ugly line.)
 



4. Cut a Triangle mine was
 
 

 
5. Then your going want to hem it by folding it up and then folding it again so the raw edge doesn't show.


 
(I decided to line it after I hem the sequin fabric so if you decide to line it do it before you hem it)
 
First I pined the sequin triangle to the lining and pinned it

 
I cut it out and sewed the whole triangle together
Now like I said before, this is when it would be the time you would want to hem it. so see step 5. 
 
 
Now your gold triangle is ready

 
So here is my slit I just cut a straight line

 
6. Okay sorry I forgot to take a picture but all I did was pin the sequin fabric to the skirt.
and sewed the raw edges together. you can see in the picture its round at the top, that's because you start at one end and finish at the ether
 



7. this is not a most, its an option. Since its round at the top it didn't flow right. so I pinched it and pinned it.
 


 Then I sewed a straight line probably around 1/2 inch

 
And your Done!!
 


 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment