Pages

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Auditory Processing Disorder

What Is Auditory Processing Disorder you ASK?
 
Well it can be number of these that can cause it.
 
http://www.lanc.org.uk/related-conditions/auditory-processing-difficulties-adhd-asd/ 
So I was one of the Lucky 5% of children that had APD!
And mine came from running in the Family line on my dad side. My Dad has it really bad.
 
ADP Meaning I can't process the information by hearing in the same way as others because my ears and brain don't fully coordinate. Something adversely affects the way the brain recognizes and interprets sounds, most notably the sounds composing speech.

people with APD often do not recognize subtle differences between sounds in words, even when the sounds are loud and clear enough to be heard. These kinds of problems usually occur in background noise, which is a natural listening environment. So people with APD have the basic difficulty of understanding any speech signal presented under less than optimal conditions.
 
APD is an often misunderstood problem because it can have the same symptoms in other conditions like learning disabilities, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), and even depression.
 
Here are some Symptoms that you might have APD
 
  • Appearing not to pay attention due to a noisy environment
  • Difficulty remembering instructions, directions
  • Difficulty hearing the difference between similar sounds or words
  • Difficulty maintaining attention especially to a listening task
  • Difficulty understanding riddles or verbal maths problems

  • I was told by my doctor that I may have APD and after getting tested in First Grade I found out I did.
     
    And my trial of life began
     
    Its been a Hard Road of Embarrassment, Feeling Dumb, Feeling Like something is wrong with me, I always asked Heavenly Father Why, Why did I Have to have it.
    I've seen my dad suffer though it and I didn't want to. but the older I got the more I under stood everyone have problems in there life if its a Disorder or Family Problems, in someway We are all suffering from something In our Life. and Finally I understood Heavenly Father might of gave me APD but he came me so many other beautiful things to make up for it.

    One of the Worst Part was School Kids they can be so mean. They didn't understand I was suffering from APD and I didn't want to tell them so of course they would make fun of me when I said or spelled words wrong. because that's what kids do. Maybe If I was brave enough to tell everyone what I was going through it would of been different they might of been more understanding. but I just always sat in front of the class being the teachers pet and sat there Quit, Shy, till I hit High School. People thought of me as a brat at first until they got to know me because I never talked.
     
    Finally when I was in 10th grade I started to find my hobby's and I found two good friends. Which that's all I really needed to give me Convenience to be louder and out going.
    And I would still say dumb things and mix up words but I started to learn to brush them off for the moment even thou when It was night time that's when tears would rush my face.
     
    Ever Since First grade they school would pull a small handful of kids with different problems out of our classroom or have us set in the back of the room for a hour. To learn English/Reading.
     
    These are my far most embarrassing moments of school and it just got worse the older I got when I hit middle school I would have one to two classes where I would have to go to the little class room for a period for English and math. It was Embarrassing enough that I was going into a little class room but it was more embarrassing the people that were in their with me. I was the usually the only one that was normal and paid attention to the teacher the rest of the kids just had bad family or they had really bad ADD and didn't want to learn.Which made me not want to go to the class at all. and half the time the teachers would get fed up with the students they would just tell us to read a book for the period.
    Great! SO pretty much on top of being Embarrassed!, the teachers weren't even doing there job, so pretty much I was reading books that I couldn't barley even read so I wasn't understanding them and I wasn't learning how to read them and this even went into high school.
    The Special classes were a joke, to me. Which finally I pushed through and Graduated in 2008.
     
    (I Heard schools are better at it now, Because there starting to understand a lot of kids sufferer from Learning Disorders)
     
     Anyways Point of this Story is if you or your child is suffering from APD don't give up.
    I mean there was so many days I just wanted to curl up into a ball and die. but don't do it,  just push your self through school. because after you get done with school you notice life is so much more then your Disorder. Your Disorder doesn't Control you, you control your self.
     
    I now have a lovely Husband a Beautiful 3 year Old Daughter.
    And With my Disorder I Found out I'm Way Left Brain. I found qualities that some people don't have. I can sew pretty much anything I put my mind to or I can look at a craft at the store and know exactly how they did it. so I don't have to pay a fortune to get it. and the best part is I enjoy doing it.
    And right now I work at Bella Ella Boutique and Dress their Mannequins and Tables In SF Store.
    Its one of my Favorite Things to do. I love Fashion and Making a Master Piece to inspire others.

    ----------

    Before I leave you with some Quotes I just want to say I would of never been able to get through school or life with out my Mother she has always helped me and pushing me to get through school and was my number ONE person to talk to my teachers to make them under stand I need special help. she went back to my teachers almost every month to remind them. she always had a shoulder to cry and a hand to wipe my tears away. I Love her so much! and of course my Dad even though he never finished high school, he became a manger to a big company and he is the hardest worker I know. he pushes through anything with his APD and he's not embarrassed to ask his insistent to help him with emails and letters. he is such a great Example in my life. and my Sister she's always believe I could do anything I put my mind to. she has always been their to help me with homework and life problems. she's always been their for me. and Finally Heavenly Father he has been with me from the start always helping me get through, what life throws at me. I love them all so much and so happy I have people that love me and care about me.

    ------------

    Here are some Quotes I wanted to leave with you. Print them off, put them on your mirror when your getting ready or put it in a picture frame by your bed and remember
     you are special and you will conquer anything that's put in your way. and remember Heavenly Father will always be on your side. even when you think his not there, he is, he's always with you.

     
     
    =============================================================
    And One of my Favorite Quotes/Poem is Foot Prints.
    It makes me cry every time I read it. because theirs been so many times
    Heavenly Father had to carry me to get me through the rough patches in my life and still is.
     
    http://heavens-beauty.info/printables/FootPrints.jpg
     



    Thanks for Reading a little about me and if your suffering with APD just know your not alone. :)
     
     
     
    Outfit Of The Day: Navy Polka Dot Shirt from Bella Ella, you can get one like it  Here / Skinny Jeans from H&M for $10! / Bubble Necklace from Bella Ella / Gold Shoes from Walmart

     
    And look at my cute Girl! she wanted a picture after seeing mommy doing it :)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment