Pages

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Minnie Mouse Dress

 

 
(Sorry for bad pictures ill take some good ones when we go to Disneyland. she wouldn't hold still for the pictures and she just woke up lol.)
 
 
So I used Simplicity Pattern 2563 for this dress & Simplicity 2571 for the bloomers and just made them shorter.
 
I already had these patterns laying around my house because I get patterns when there only one dollar. Always check your Joann's or Hancock they always have patterns for 99 cents to $1.99 Around holidays like labor day and Halloween time, I would never buy one full price. they want 8 to 18 bucks and they always have deals on there patterns all the time.


What you will need for 3T:
2yd Fabric for the dress
1/4yd Interfacing
1/2yd Lining Fabric (just for top half)
1/4 white fabric for sleeves
1/2yd White fabric for bloomers
1yd  White lace for Bloomers
White Ribbon
1/2 small lace for collar
1yd Sequins trim

so anyways I did change the pattern a little. for the blouse top I put the pattern on a fold and took 5/8" off, Because I didn't want the seam down the middle I wanted it in one piece.


then I only did two cut outs of the back skirt part instead of 4 like it asks for and I didn't put it on the fold ether. I only bought 1 1/4 yards and I used every single piece, lol I made it for my 3 year old so I did the 3t size.
 
If I was thinking I would of got 2 yards for a 3t. but I made it work.

I couldn't put the front skirt piece on a folded line so I have a ugly seem right down the middle but I put pleats instead of gathering on the waist so its not so noticeable. (so instead of gathering like the pattern says I just did pleats.
(Tutorial to do pleats from Sew Easy Being Green)
 
and I just sewed the white lace on the collar when I was all done.
 
 

and for the cute mickey mouse on the back! I used this Tutorial from patternrevolution.com. she is amazing! :)


(I added some ribbon to the mickey head because the corners wouldn't stay down)

 
The Bloomers I just got 1/2 yard of white fabric and 1 yard of lace trim. and used pattern 2571
and just sewed the lace on after I made the bloomers.

 
And ALL DONE!
 



 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment