Pages

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Elsa Dress

LET IT GO, LET IT GO!
 
I made this Elsa Dress for my friends daughters birthday in December.
she LOVES ELSA. cant wait to give it to her
 
Here's my daughter being my model since the girl is only a year apart. and there about the same size.
 
 





I was going to make a tutorial but I had no idea how I was going to make it
but if your a good sewer then her are some of the things I did.
 
for 4t I used:
1/2yd mesh
1yd costume satin
1yd see through snowflake fabric (cape)
1/2yd blue fabric for corset and white lining
2yds silver trim
bag of sequins
4 snowflake buttons/gems
Crown
Glitter Paper
dollar tree white snowflake
 
for pattern: I traced out my daughters shirt onto paper and made the sleeves go to a point.
and for skirt I laid my daughter on paper and made a rectangle by adding a couple inches to each side.
 

 
the skirt is just a straight skirt but I added a triangle in the back to make it go out a little in the back. and I made a slit down the side. and I sewed the skirt to the top and added two snowflake buttons on the shoulders.

 
Then I just made a corset that Velcro's in the back and added clear elastic straps. hand sewed the sequins on and sewed on the sliver trim.



 
If you can tell I added Velcro to the sides of the elastic straps, this it to hold the cape
 
 

 
for the cape I just ruffles the top and added Velcro to the corners and the cape just drapes down and has a half circle at the bottom.


 

 
arrows show you how the cape Velcro's on.
 
 
 
 
the crown in a dollar crown at Joann's and I added blue glitter paper and a silver snowflake gem.
hope that helps a little on how I made everything.
 


And I got these shoes at Walmart for $5!!!

 
The birthday girl in it :)
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment